I know I should practice my yoga more and watch TV less, but it is a daunting challenge for me. Recently, I read a piece on DoYouYoga.com 10 Ways to Create More Space in Your Life that reminded me of a book I just read, "Everything That Remains: A Memoir by the Minimalists" that chronicled how two successful businessmen who left their high-paying jobs to live lives with less and ultimately felt more fulfilled by living that way. Anyway, the "Create More Space" piece fascinated me and I am now trying to incorporate many of the items in the article:
- Start a Journal. That's why I have resurrected this blog
- Clean out your closet. Good idea. Haven't done it yet, though
- Make space in your stomach. I just ate two servings of Baked Ziti. I won't be starting that today
- Cut the clutter. a BIG challenge
- Meditate. The grand daddy of challenges for this scatterbrain
Of the five above bullet points that I have decided to work on, I believe the fifth one holds the key to the other four and much more!